Friday, October 2, 2015

Day 245: Drawing an Amazing Stardust Friend with Heather Alexander and Diane Le Feyer

Background © 2015 by Jessica | Antebellum Design House
 Born in Marseille, France, on September the 8th, 1980, Diane Le Feyer discovers herself a passion for drawing and especially animation at  the tender age of 5.  Following enthusiastically her artistic path, she graduates with honors 2nd of her class in 2002 from Ecole Emile Cohl. She works then for some time in Lyon, in the video game company “ Etrange Libellules” as a character designer, 3D modeler and animator. She leaves the videogames industry in  2003 and jumps into a plane and lands at the Cartoon Saloon, in Kilkenny, Ireland. There she’s involved in several illustration children books, web animation, TV shows and even in the early pre-production days of “ Brendan and the Secret of Kells”       ( Realisation Tomm Moore, Oscar Nominee 2010). She leaves Ireland for Canada in 2004, where she will work on irish children books, french TV shows and the animated video “ Breakin Even”, from Singer Rob Szabo  ( Realisation Cal Brunker). She’s finally back in France in 2005, where she’s in charge of the character design and storyoarding of the french animation TV serie “ Stellina”( Pictor Media /Animation Band), or other animated programs “ Mark Logan” ( Pictor Media/France 3). In the meanwhile she also works on foreign adds hand in hand with the Cartoon Saloon, on a “TomTom Go” and “KPN” animated commercials, as well as short movies, illustration for children books, published in Ireland, France and the UK.
In 2009 she’s offered the opportunity to be involved with the TV format “Anam an Amhráin” , where she signs the short animated movie “Bean Pháidín ”. In 2010 she also participates in the making of an animated movie for the Universal Expostion in Shanghai. She is now sharing her time between French and Irish publication, as well as short movies and animation work with the Cartoon Saloon.

Heather's bio, in her own words:
I was born in New York City, grew up in New Jersey, moved to New York City after college, moved back to New Jersey after having kids while still working in New York City. Quite a circle!
When I was younger, I was the kid under the covers with a book and a flashlight. I read every Nancy Drew, Little House on the Prairie, and Judy Blume book. In high school, I was editor of both my high school newspaper and yearbook.
I’ve always loved art and drawing. At one point, I wanted to go to college for art. But I changed my mind and was an English major at Cornell University.
Growing up, I competed in figure skating. I liked spinning better than jumping. I had lots and lots of sparkly skating dresses.
I am a compulsive doodler. My school notebooks were covered with doodles. When I am talking on the phone, any paper in my reach becomes a doodle masterpiece!
I began my career as an editor in children’s publishing. I have worked on all types of books—fiction, non-fiction, toddler books, middle-grade, and young adult. I was the editor of R.L. Stine’s Goosebumps and Fear Street series, among many, many others.
I am the author of more than 40 books for children. Most were written under different author names and many were based on TV shows.

Don't forget to visit Heather and Dianes's websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...