Friday, October 30, 2015

Day 273: Drawing a Ghost with Ammi-Joan Paquette and Adam Record


Ammi-Joan Paquette's bio, in her own words:
I have been writing stories since early childhood. My sister and I would spend hours creating masterpieces of stapled paper and handwritten words, complete with pen-and-ink covers and boxed illustrations. Probably my favorite part of the process was creating a list for the back cover: "Don’t miss the other books in this series!" That list of eye-catching titles always seemed like way less work than (hand) writing out a whole book. But isn’t that just the way of things? 

The road to publication was long and winding, peppered with many small successes including: a variety of national magazine publications, being a 2005 PEN New England Susan P. Bloom Discovery Award honoree, and receiving the 2008 SCBWI’s Susan Landers Glass Scholarship Award, for the book that would later become Nowhere Girl. My first picture book, The Tiptoe Guide to Tracking Fairies, was published in 2009. 

I now live with my husband and two daughters in the Boston area, where I continue to write books for children and young adults. I am also an agent with the Erin Murphy Literary Agency (but that’s a story for another day). What more do you want to know? 

I am... mother, friend, reader, traveler, food-lover, chocolate connoisseur. 
I am not... especially tidy, a fan of mushy vegetables, or good at coming up with spur-of-the-moment self-portraits.

Adam Record's bio, in his own words:
Hi I’m Adam…..hello :) I’m an illustrator and designer from Utah. I love to draw and design and I’ve been blessed to be able to do it fo a living for a numbe of years now. I have worked with many great clients such as Scholastic, Harper Collins, Hallmark, Disney, Fisher Price, and many more great folks.
I started doodling on a padded bench in church. I liked saturday morning cartoons and cereal with marshmallows in it. I played with GI Joes and watched WWF wrestling with my brothers and I was outside most of my life. I started getting serious about drawing when someone actaully bought one of my drawings, and I thought….that’s cool…other people might actually like my stuff. So I continued to draw and paint and doodle and here I am now with my own website. Crazy.
I get inspired by old childrens books, vintage posters, anything prior to the 90’s to be honest. I like Miroslav Sasek, Mary Blair, Saul Bass and Edward Gorey. I listen to Tom Waits and I like the smell of cement after it rains.

Visit Ammi-Joan and Adam's websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...