Monday, October 26, 2015

Day 268: Drawing a Skeleton with Steve Metzger and Aaron Zenz


Steve Metzger's bio, in his own words:
I grew up in Queens, New York. It was a quieter time…when kids could enjoy hours of unsupervised outdoor play with their friends.

I was fortunate to have supportive parents and a wonderful younger sister, Lois (now a writer of amazing young-adult books – check out her website: loismetzger.com). Mutti, my remarkable grandmother, was a source of unconditional love, something every child needs.

I had a variety of jobs – dishwasher, taxi driver, hotel room clerk, and import manager – before finding my true calling, working with children. I went to graduate school and received my teaching degree from “Bank Street College of Education.”

I spent 15 happy years as a classroom teacher. Afterward, I worked at Scholastic, where I received the opportunity to write children’s books. Seventy books later, I’m still writing…and loving it!

I live with my wife, Nancy; daughter, Julia; and Biscuit, a talkative cat, in New York City.

Aaron Zenz is the author and illustrator of The Hiccupotamus. He is the illustrator of 9 additional children's books as well.
Aaron lives in West Michigan. In addition to writing and illustrating, he also frequently visits schools and libraries where he inspires kids to read and write through fun, interactive programs."

Visit Steve and Aaron's websites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...