Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 172: Drawing Gabe (the Monster) with Howard McWilliam


Howard McWilliam's bio, in his own words:

In late 2005 I left my day job as a financial journalist and editor to pursue my true love of illustration full time. But I still consider an essential element of my work to be editorial – digesting an article, no matter how dry and technical, and coming up with the visual metaphor that will bring it to life.
I now illustrate regularly for a wide range of UK and international magazines and newspapers, including The Daily Telegraph and The Week magazine (both the UK editionand the US edition).
I am delighted to have illustrated my first two children’s picture books, I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll (March 2009) and When a Dragon Moves In by Jodi Moore (April 2011), both Flashlight Press.
I have also illustrated the Ghost Detectors series (Adbo Publishing, August 2009); a selection of retold classics for children (also Adbo Publishing, September/December 2010); the cover illustrations for a series of four Kit Salter adventures (Quercus Books, March 2009); and the cover illustrations for the Alfie the Werewolf series (Hodder Children’s Books, April 2010).
I am represented in the US by my agent in North America, Jean Blasco of Blasco Creative.

Don't forget to visit Howard's website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...