Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 164: Drawing a Horse with Frank Rodgers


Check Frank Rodgers's How To Draw... a Horse!

I was born in Bellshill Lanarkshire and loved drawing and writing when I was young. I went to Glasgow School of Art and was an art teacher for a while. But the call of children’s books was too strong! In 1987 I left teaching to become a children’s author and illustrator. Since then I have written and illustrated overy sixty books for children including…
The Bunk-Bed Bus (A SATS choice), Doodledog (Shortlisted for the Nottingham Children’s Book Award), The Witch’s Dog and the Magic Cake (One of the top 50 books of 1999 chosen by the Federation of Children’s Book Groups), Mr Croc’s Clock (One of the Top 50 Books of 2000 chosen by the FCBG), The Intergalactic Kitchen (CBBC TV series), Eyetooth (BBC Audio) The Witch’s Dog books (Animated TV series)
I have also illustrated many books by other authors including Dick King Smith, Penelope Lively, Virginia Ironside and Humphrey Carpenter.
My most recent work has been for developing readers…
the best-selling Robodog and Witch’s Dog titles for Puffin and my latest swashbuckling Pirate Penguins series.

Remember to visit Frank's Web site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...