Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Day 133: Drawing a a sunset with Jenni Desmond


Check out Jenni Desmond's How to Draw... a sunset!

Jenni's bio, in her own words:


I am an artist and a picture book writer and illustrator, based in Hackney, London UK.  My first book Red Cat Blue Cat won the 2013 Cambridgeshire Read It Again Award, and my books have been translated into twelve languages.  I was the 2014 illustrator for the National Portrait Gallery Family Trail, and have exhibited my work at the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, London Design Week, and London AAF.

I aim to make my work entertaining, beautiful and funny. I love hidden depth both visually and narratively. I work primarily by hand, and then scan my work into the computer to clean it up. I am inspired by Japanese art and aesthetics, interior design, nature, people-watching, cycle rides, travel, textures, fabrics, architecture, films, literature, food, photography and exhibitions.  

When I am not creating in my studio, I love to cook, drink ale in old english pubs and to go for long walks, cycles and adventures.

 For more information here is an interview - - -

CLIENTS INCLUDE:
Walker Books (UK), Vermillion - Random House (UK), Quire Cards (Holland), Papyrus (USA), Oxford University Press (UK), National Portrait Gallery (UK), NEXT (UK), Little Tiger Books (UK), Gestalten Books (Germany), Fuji Sangyo Stationary (Japan), Folens Publishers (Ireland), Enchanted Lion Books (USA), CardMix (UK), Camden Graphics (UK), BR Books (Korea), Blue Apple Books (USA), American Greetings (USA)

EXHIBITIONS INCLUDE:
Summer Exhibition: Royal Academy of Art (London), Affordable Art Fair (London), The Poundshop: London Design Week/ KK Outlet/ ICA (London), A-side B-side Gallery: Call of the Wild/ A Long Way From Home (London), Telling Tales: Avery Contemporary Art (Kent), Open Studios: Whirled Art (London), Brighton Festival, Joint exhibition with Amy Wiggin: Firestation Gallery (Henley)

AWARDS:
Winner - The Cambridgeshire Children's Picture Book Award'13
Winner - Batchelder Award'14 (artwork for Truus Matti tr.Laura Watkinson MISTER ORANGE)

EDUCATION
BA English and Art History (2:1, 2006, Sussex University) 
MA Childrens Book Illustration (Dist., 2011, Cambridge School of Art ARU)

Remember to visit Jenni's Web site!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...