Friday, May 22, 2015

Day 110: Drawing a literate puppy with Christine Fleming


Christine's bio, in her own words:

I’m Christine Fleming, an illustrator and writer working out of Southeast Texas. I graduated from North Carolina State University with a BFA in Graphic Design. I am now currently illustrating in the editorial world focusing on the science and children’s markets, as well as writing and illustrating my own picture books.
My work has appeared in parenting magazines, literary zines, science blogs, educational workbooks, personal commissions, and even a tattoo! I am also an active member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI), and was awarded the honor of SCBWI Illustrator of the Month after attending the SCBWI National Conference in New York, and my blog has been chosen as an SCBWI homepage Featured Blog.
I like to draw things I don’t understand, coming out on the other end of the process with a little bit more understanding, and a greater appreciation of just how weird the world is. I tend to be most interested in science based stories, probably because I don’t understand science and it fascinates me. As for math… I still don’t understand it and I still don’t like it. Mushrooms, too.
If I’m not drawing, writing, or staring at my computer screen, I can probably be found cooking a big dinner in my tiny kitchen, running with my crazy dog, or reading in the glorious Texan sun.
Shoot me an email if you’d like to chat about a project or idea!
christine@mightcouldstudios.com
Twitter  /  Instagram  /  Pinterest  /  LinkedIn  /  Skillshare  /  Etsy
And check out my coloring book for adults, Entwined!
Visit Christine's Web site

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...