Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekly Roundup


It's been a fun week! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

So, I'd like to share with you a few things I've learned so far:

1. Rubbers are underestimated. I used to think that all rubbers were the same, but I was wrong. The rubber I had stained my drawings every time I used it. The solution? A Faber-Castell pink rubber I found at a local general store. It works like a charm!
Conclusion: get yourself a good rubber!
2. Like rubbers, warming up is also underestimated. I used to skip right to the good part, without doing it (caramba! I still forget it, sometimes), trying to save a few minutes, but every time I warm up first my drawings improve a lot.
Conclusion: (always) warm up before drawing!
3. Doodling swiggles and turning them into something else by adding “mouths and eyes (and anything else you fancy)” -like Luke Pearson's birds or Alan Snow's trolls- is a great way to "warm up your brain and drawing hand" (both quotes are Alan Snow’s words, from his How to Draw… guide).
See conclusion #2.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...